01 July, 2007

Picking a new sports team

I recently decided to start watching College American Football. Why, you may ask, would I do that? Well, as you will see from the previous blog entry, I enjoyed the draft. So, I thought I should invest time and yet more money in following the potential draftees.
I chose the Pennsylviana State University Nittany Lions (or Penn State, as they are more commonly known).
My choice was influenced in large part by Joe Paterno, the 80 year old coach of the team, who takes no crap from his wannabe stars:
http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/06/02/paterno_upholds.html
I feel, like so many others, that there are plenty of sports people out there who would have benefitted greatly from this kind of treatment as young people.

No comments: